Friday, March 4, 2011

Umbrella in the Rain


I've been wanting to do some more "umbrella in the rain" studies. I love painting rain. It surprises me, because I hate to paint water, like in sea or beach scenes. This type of painting just appeals to me because I prefer simple, uncomplicated themes, where you don't tell the whole story. And I guess painting rain allows me to paint lots of "controlled blooms" (my favorite watercolor technique). You've got to grey down your colors when you paint rainy scenes, though, I think. I greyed down my greens and blues here with sepia.

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

It came out wonderfully, RoseAnn.

cathyswatercolors said...

Hi RoseAnn, Great subject matter. Don't you just love to swoosh your brush around your palette and ta~da beautiful grays

Sandra said...

I simply LOVE studies like this one. It makes me want to try one right now! :0)

TranThiThuy said...

nice. I love your art :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...